Thursday, January 29, 2015

Poppa's Tree Farm: A Christmas Quilt

I've had the same double hourglass quilt sitting on my couch for years and decided it would be fun to switch quilts out for seasons and holidays.  I guess you can say I've made myself another goal.

I already have one for July that I made years ago when I first started quilting.  I also have one for the fall; Happy Harvest Quilt.  So right before December I decided I needed a Christmas quilt.  I didn't leave myself much time to get started.  I'm like that. It's a week before I need to use it so I start making it.  I'm crazy.

I pinned a bunch of Christmas quilts and then showed them to my mom.  She loved the Poppa's Tree Farm pattern so we decide to both make one.  (She finished the top, but will wait till next year to get it all put together.) 

A lot of the time I'll create my own pattern, but I was in a time crunch and bought the original pattern.  To say the least, it was not my favorite pattern to follow and wasn't very well written.  However, it was good enough that my quilt turned out. :)


I quilted the tree with back and forth squiggles.  I love it!  I really wanted to quilt the pinwheels, but I'm not sure what design, so they stay un-quilted for now.

The week before Christmas everything was done except for turning the binding.  But we had to use the quilt so the binding didn't get done till after Christmas.  (It worked though. :)


 Stats:
57" x 80"
Started: November 2014
Finished: December 2014
Machine quilted by me
For: My couch

No comments:

Post a Comment