Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Looking Back at 2014's Goal

At the start of each new year I like to make goals.  I often don't follow through with them, or they may change.  But I enjoy making them and am not too disappoint if they aren't accomplished.  Maybe I'm too easy on myself, but at least I'm happy.

I like making quilting goals.  I feel like at the first of the year I have a fresh start and a whole year to accomplish things!

Last year my goal was to make a queen sized quilt for my bed.  Did it happen...almost.  I proud to say that it is started, but then life happened. :)  In my defence it did take almost half a year to find a pattern that my husband and I both agreed on.  (Personally, husbands shouldn't be so opinionated when it comes to decorating, but mine is....sigh.  Still love him to the moon and back though!) 

Fortunately finding the fabric was a breeze; Happy-Go-Lucky.  I love that fabric and oddly enough so did the hubby.

The pattern that I am making is Tone It Down.  Love the pattern, but it takes a while.  For me, each block is taking about 1 hour to finish (and that doesn't count the cutting time).  I am making it queen sized so I need 25 blocks.  25 hours!  Wow.  And that is just the blocks, not the stashing, quilting and binding.  But you know what,  I am loving the process! Making the blocks is very enjoyable.  Each step has enough variation it keeps my mind from getting board.

Currently I have 9 blocks done.  And every one is my favorite.  I can't wait to see them all put together.

So my 2014 goal will move on to be a 2015 goal.  But this year it will get done.  (I hope ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment