Sunday, March 3, 2013

UFO #36: Melissa's Baby Quilt

Back before Christmas my cousin Melissa asked me to make a quilt for her new baby.  Of course I would do it, any excuse to make a quilt is great to me! :0)  The fun part was, she already had the fabrics for it.  I love the colors she chose and I love the way they all go together.


She chose a simple pinwheel pattern contrasted with white (my new favorite contrast color).  I love how the white makes the quilt look so modern and clean.


I chose to do a scrappy binding.  And the quilting was done by Barbie Mills.  She did a wonderful job, doing the all over loop design.  I actually studied this quilt and traced it with my fingers over and over so that I could learn to quilt this pattern. 


This quilt has been finished since January, but Melissa's family has been sick for the last couple months so I hadn't been able to get it to her.  Finally we arranged a play date. And now this cute little girl has her quilt.


Thanks Melissa for letting me make a quilt for your beautiful baby girl!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment